Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Halloween Series: Candy Corn Cutie!


Ohhhh yeeaahhh! First Halloween look of the season here on Spice Drop! I wanted something really festive and cute to start things out with. So I chose a Halloween classic for my inspiration, candy corn! Love it or hate it, candy corn is a Halloween Staple and would be a easy cute costume. I'm using mostly Sugarpill eyeshadows for this, use what ever you have but make sure it's matte!




So I started by applying a eyeshadow base all over my eye and  blending a white cream base all over my lids and brow bone. This'll make an even base for the eyeshadow as well as making the colors pop more. My eyebrows already have natural arch so that's where I'm putting the tip of my candy corn. If yours don't, use this time to figure out where you want the point to be. I also but a bit of the white underneath my eyes. With a flat brush and a matte yellow eyeshadow I placed the first layer of her candy corn all over my lids and out, to creat trapazoid shape. (If you have a big lid space you might want to section the layers off more) You want colors to be as bright as possible, so really pack the color on. The yellow was the easy part, as you up you're going to need it to make it a triangle shape and so you need to be careful where you place your color. To make a cleaner line you could use the tape method, but I thought that would look too harsh for this. Instead I took the edge of a paper as my guider. The next layer is orange, so I made a similar layer as the yellow but smaller. This layer also has my crease, so I had to bend the orange in with out getting it in the yellow. Don't sweat the colors mixing too much though, it happens on the candy itself! Then at the top goes the white, make sure it's very very white it needs to stand out. To clean and make the edge stand out more take a eyeshadow in the same tone as your skin (or a face powder) and cover whats left of the white base. I then applied a black gel eyeliner thinly along my lash line, and continued straight out a little ways. I filled in my eyebrows with a colored powder normally, if you want to create a faux pointed arch that'd be cool. I then applied a quick coat of black mascara then put on some flasies, but thats completely optional.

I applied some pretty standard foundation and concealer, nothing too interesting there. I then added some orange blush to warm up my complexion and continue the orange tone throughoLumut the look. For the lips I made a custom red-orange shade. And that's pretty much it!

Products Used:
(In order of Application)
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow, Sugarpill Flamepoint Eyeshadow, Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Kinky and Freestyle Eyeshadows (Blended), MAC Blacktrack Eyeshadow, Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara, Jcat EL20 lashes.

Face: Rimmel Long Lasting Foundation in 100 Ivory, Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Concealer in Luminous 2, MAC Honey Jasmine Blush.

Lips: OCC Lips Tars in NSFW and Traffic.

Hope you enjoyed my first Halloween look for this year! Looking for more inspiration? Check out my other Halloween looks and my fairytale series! Don't see what you're looking for? Request a look in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment