Friday, July 27, 2012

Foundation Review! Rimmel Lasting Finish.

A little pondering before I begin this review, I've been thinking of starting some sort of series where I find a decent cheap product every week and review it. Perhaps on fridays, but my real problem is where to set the price point. I've seen bloggers who do under ten, but thats a tad limiting. I was thinking fifteen, but the thing is 'cheap' and 'bargain' means different things to different people. So if you have any thoughts, leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you think.

Anyway, on to the review! After upgrading my skincare routine (more on that some other time) all of the bump that were normally under my skin came to the surface. So I wanted a foundation with a little bit more coverage. I'd seen some good reviews for this so while I was at target I decided to pick this little beauty.

At around five dollars this is a steal, especially when you consider it has just as much foundation as MAC's studio finish. It offers medium to full buildable coverage. It currently comes in ten shades, and that was really my only problem with this foundation, finding a good match. I looked at two shades, Ivory and Warm Ivory. Ironically 'Ivory' seemed a little darker and warmer. If you have a very cool skintone you might have problems trying to find a good match, they all seem a bit more on the warm side.


As you can see from this super flattering picture of me pre-foundation, I've got a couple spots, some large pores and dark circles to cover. To top it off I didn't sleep too well last night. Thats a lot for just foundation to cover, lets see how it did.
 


It did pretty well! Nothing supernatural, but it even my skintone nicely and covered every thing that needed covering. On the right I've added a little powder to set the foundation and some basic makeup, this foundation looks very natural.

So does it hold up to its claims?
Q: Lasts 25 hours?  
A: Hardly. With out setting powder, it lasts almost perfect for about five hours. With powder around twelve. (However I have very oily skin.)
Q: Sweat, heat, and humidity proof?
A: Mostly, but again if you have oily skin I recommend setting it.
Q: Skin feels hydrated all day?
A: Well it doesn't feel sickly or dry. It isn't the lightest foundation ever though.

So there you go. All and all I'm very impressed, if you have a limited budget and don't want to sacrifice coverage this is perfect for you. Just make sure to swatch colors to get a good match.

This was purchased with my own money, product picture is from the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment