Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pale Girl Glow!

Hey sorry its been awhile guys, I've been having some computer trouble! Now it's no secret I'm pretty fair (about NC15/20). And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! As a society we are bombarded with a tan white girls as a standard- when that's only one kind of beauty. But as the weather gets warmer we like to get a summery glow. So today I wanted to do a post on how to look naturally glowy and warm with a light complexion.


First I want to give a couple pointers before I do a quick look.
1) Always use a foundation that matches your skin. Even in summer. No buts. It's tempting to use a darker shade to make you look tanner but it never looks good. It'll just make your skin look orange and or dirty. Instead match your shade and then use a bronzer, which brings us to my next point. I'm wearing Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville.

2) Get a nice matte bronzer. I have nothing against shimmery ones- I own quite a few. However a matte bronzer is a staple that everyone needs in their makeup collection, no matter how small it is. I suggest getting one in a medium chocolate like color. A mistake many pale girls make is getting a bronzer thats too light and orangey. It looks really unnatural to have something that orange toned all over your face. I've been really liking Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer, but NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer.

3) Find a coral or peachy blush that you like. It will instantly warm your face in the most natural way possible. In fact if you don't feel comfortable with bronzer, just a warm blush will bring a little summer to your palor. If you're warm toned I recommend trying out an orange blush I love them because they sort of create your perfect peachy color with your skintone. I'm wearing MAC Honey Jasmine, I also recommend Hard Candy's Fox in a Box Spicy and Sweet blush as a drugstore alternative.

4) Get a golden highlighter. It'll instantly brighten up your face, it's like faux sunshine. Liquid, powder, or cream there are a lot of options so its easy to get your favorite. I particularly like the Balm's Mary Lou Luminizer, but Sonia Kashuk Super Sheer Highlighter is my new favorite and what I'm wearing here.

So darlings what do you think? Let me know in the comments, and stay tuned because I've got a really fun series coming up. =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow you're looking gorgeous ! You're skin is looking so healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've found a good line up of products that make my skin look great!

      Delete