Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Hello lovelies, how's everyone today? I'm pretty alright myself. =) I must admit, I'm not super into St. Patrick's day. Just not my thing, even though I am actually super Irish. But I wanted to do a fun look for  you guys today because its one of the few days you can get away with this kind of stuff! If you'd like a more grown up/ normal green look I have a few here.




I started on the rainbow and I recommend doing the same. (That way you can just take that off if you mess up!) First put down eye shadow primer all over the area that you'll be using. Then take a white pencil of white base and map out the area for your rainbow and cloud. I took a picture of this for you.
Like that! I changed the shape of the bottom a little afterward.


Then you want to go in with your rainbow colors with small flat liner brushes. You don't need a brush for each color, but I do recommend having at least two. One for warm colors, the other for cool. Take your time and try to get the stripes even. Don't blend too much and stop at the top of the cloud. Once your done with the rainbow set your white cloud base with matte white eyeshadow. This'll keep it from smearing, and makes it look fluffier. To add a little more definition  to my cloud I took a pale blue on a small brush and added some detail. That wasn't so hard! =)

Now for the lids. You could go all out but I didn't want to overpower the cloud. If you have green eyeliner just use that and make a nice cat eye shape. I used that same white base and green eyeshadow on an angled brush. It works out fine but takes a little extra time. After that I took gold glitter eyeliner and took it right under the green eyeliner. Because hell yeah gold glitter. Then I added black eyeliner to my waterline. On my lower lashline I added a bit of gold eyeliner, but its not showing up too well. Then I finished off with lots of mascara. You could also add some falsies, I think winged ones would be fun.

For lips I just added some pink tinted lip balm, I didn't want too much going on there with out being nude. and Now your done!

Products Used:

Rainbow: Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, Sugarpill Love + Eyeshadow, Sugarpill Flamepoint Eyeshadow, Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow, Kiss my Sass Poison Ivy Eyeshadow, Sleek Blue Eyeshadow (Original Palette), Sugarpill Poison Plum Eyeshadow, Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow, Lime Crime Parasol Eyeshadow (Chinadoll Palette).

Eyes: Urdan Decay Primer Potion, Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, Lime Crime Jade o Lade Eyeshadow (Chinadoll), Nyx Liquid Crystal Eyeliner in Crystal Gold, Urban Decay Zero Eyeliner Pencil, Benefit They're Real! Mascara.

Face: Kat Von D Tattoo Lock It Foundation in Light 48, Tarte Smooth Operator Loose Powder.

Lips: Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Balm.

Hope you liked the look! Any St. Patrick's Day plans? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment