Monday, April 8, 2013

Maybelline Color Vivid Review: Vibrant Mandarin

The Maybelline Color Vivids have been talked about a lot lately and I thought I'd check out what the hype was all about. Particularly because the shade I bought,  885 Vibrant Mandarin, was said to be a dupe for MAC's Sail Le Vie Lipstick from last years Hey Sailor! collection. I loved that lipstick, and was completely heartbroken when I lost it. So you guys know I had to check this out!



Sorry not the best light, pretty color accurate for the lippie though!

So lets start with packaging. It comes in a very shiny red semi-transparent tube, (easy to find in a purse!) and doesn't have any brand marking on the tube itself. If you flip it to the bottom it has a color coordinated sticker with the name and number of the lipstick. I personally think it looks and feels a little cheap, but that really not the point now is it. ;D It doesn't say how much is in the tube on the packaging, but for the record its .15 oz or 4.2 grams of lipstick.

Formula? This lipstick is pretty comfortable on the lips, though hardly 'creamy'. Maybelline talks about it having 'honey nectar' to add creaminess but I don't buy it. It wears pretty well, about four hours on me, but it will kiss off at any point in the wear. Thats a problem for me, and I wish it did dry a little more.

Now for color which is honestly the most important part. Its a bright orange-red (not just warm or orange leaning red) with a semi matte finish. Its bright, but a little on the sheer side. Though it builds quickly, and goes on smooth no weird patches. I don't have Sail Le Vie anymore, but the color does seem pretty similar. 

Yay or Nay? I'd go with Yay on this one. However I don't think I'd repurchase or buy more from this line because of how much they kiss off.

What do you guys think of the Vivids? Let me know in the comments! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment