Sunday, August 5, 2012

Art Inspired Look: Cycles Sirius Poster

Now thats some racy biking!

This look was inspired by this wonderful poster which for me brings out two strong emotions, the first being awe at how lovely it is (its really big IRL too), and second laughter. I find it hilarious that they decided to naked women were the best way to promote bicycle sales, and also that people think that racy ads are a new thing. And you know sex does sell, but I really think if sex should be marketed this is the way to go. She looks very happy on that bicycle. ;D

Anyway this look is a little less directly translated then my previous two. I wanted to convey the soft dream like hues and feeling as well as the glowy gold touched skin. I think I did pretty well, I wish the shimmer on my eyes was a little more pronounced though. This was a fun look to do! It also gave me a reason to test out some BB cream.


After priming my eye I lightly brushed a shimmering light color all over my lid and brow bone to make a shimmery blank canvas. Then in the center of of my eye I blended in a matte nude color. Moving to my inner corner I applied a matte white from my inner corner up to my brows and then blended it out really well. Then on the the outer corner I gently blended in a light blue bringing it into my crease to define that a little more. Then with a fluffy brush I softly patted on a little bright golden shimmer on top of the lid. Unfortunately this didn't show up on camera. =(

I lightly lined my lids with a navy shadow, and winged it out a tiny bit. Then using a light gold cream eyeliner I lined my lower lash line. I applied mascara, and I did do my eyebrows I swear! I have no idea where they went off too well I was taking these pictures.

On to face! I used two different BB creams on face a normal one all over and then a shimmery one on my cheekbones for a natural looking highlight. I dusted a light pink color at the apple of my cheeks and then dusted a golden color over my blush and lightly on my forehead.

I finished off the look with the lightest pink lipstick I can pull off, and a light colored lipgloss. I hope you like it!

Products Used:
(In order of direction.)
Eyes: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Ulta Silk eyeshadow, Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Foxy, Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow, Lime Crime Parasol Eyeshadow (Chinadoll), Sugarpill Glodilux, Sleek navy shadow, Wet 'n Wild Idol Eyes in pixie + Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Pure Gold, and Maybelline Waterproof Full n soft mascara.

Face: Skin 79 Diamond Prestige BB cream, Skin 79 Diamond Luminous Pearl BB cream, MAC fleaur power blush, and E.L.F Studio blush in Giddy Gold.

Lips: Nyx Stella lipstick, Nyx Nude peach mega shine lipgloss.


No comments:

Post a Comment