Saturday, September 8, 2012

Halloween Series: Easy Wonder Woman Look!

As Halloween draws closer I've decided to do a series of looks to go with popular costumes. Today I'm doing one of my favorite superheros, Wonder Woman. She's strong, smart, and to top it off she's a total babe. This look will go well with any wonder woman look. My brows and lips drew their inspiration from the cartoons and comics and the eye makeup is based on the colors of her costume. I just wish I had a black wig for this look!





I started out with an eye primer all over my lid, brows, and under eye. I then took a bright yellow color a pack it on to the center of my lid to my outer corner, avoiding the edge and crease. Then I took a white shadow pencil and I made a base for where I put the red, along the outer half of my crease and my outer corner. Then taking a bright red I packed it on top of the white area. You can fix the edges, but be careful not to blend the yellow and red shadow or it will turn in to a yellow red orange gradient (pretty but not what we're going for). On the outer edge blend the red color into a point, but keep it pretty defined, it shouldn't fade out. Then with a smudge brush I took a dark blue color and took it under the outer third of my eye meeting it up to the reds point (Don't blend!!) then I blended a little lighter blue in the center. 

Then I lined my lower water line with white. (The black you see isn't intended, its transfer but I actually sort of like the way it looks.) Then taking a angled liner brush and a black gel eyeliner I lined my lash line I matched the wing to the blue on the bottom and flicked it up a bit. I applied a light coat of black mascara to my top lashes only and then added little winged half lashes. (The lashes aren't strictly necessary but it really gives the eyes the desired shape.)

Now I wasn't able to get a black wig for this look, and I clearly don't have dark hair but I filled in my brows darker to go with the look. I using a black eyeshadow on a spoolie gently running it through the hairs. I suggest using a matte black that doesn't have the best pigmentation.

After that I applied a primer all over my face and put on foundation. Wonder woman might not get dark circles but I certainly do, so I applied concealer under my eyes being carful not to smudge my eyeshadow. 

I contoured under my cheekbones for a little more definition and added a tiny bit of a peachy pink blush to warm it up. Then I applied highlighter along my cheekbones, don't be afraid to use a little extra highlighter, you're a superhero. I'm in the shade so you can't it very well, but I'm wearing quite a bit.

And of course to finish off this look you need a bright true red. This really isn't optional, it just doesn't work with out the lips. 

I hope you liked this look! I'm putting a poll up for what halloween look I should do next, it'll be up on your right. Please vote and comment if you like this look/ series!

Products Used:
(In order of use.) 
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Lime Crime Goldfish Eyeshadow, Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, Lime Crime Fly Dragon Fly Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Evidence Eyeshadow, Lime Crime Parasol Eyeshadow, Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black, Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara, Ardell 305 Black Lashes.

Face: Hardy Candy Sheer Envy Primer, Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in 100 Ivory, Hard Candy Glamouflage Concealer in Light and Medium.

Cheeks: Hard Candy Baked Blush in Pin Up, Hard Candy Boxed Blush in Spicy and Sweet, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Luminizer.

Lips: Eos Summer Fruit Lip Balm, OCC Lip Tar in N.S.F.W.


2 comments: