Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Quick Look: MyGlam Look

As promised I did a look with all my new toys from my My Glam bag. I'll get a quick review with each product. I used my own foundation, mascara, and brow product but the only other products were the ones in the bag. Its pretty simple but I did like the way the products went together, I hope you like it!

I started out with foundation, and then primed my eyelids with Mirabella Eye and Face Primer. I didn't test it on my face because my skin has been really problematic lately; face primers tend to just break me out more. This primer was interesting, it feels oily but then dries like a powder. I then loaded up a brush with Nyx Ultra Pearl Mania Pigment in Mink and patted it all over my eyelid. This color is super pretty, the pic doesn't do it justice. Its a really nice soft gold and I think it stands on its own pretty well here. I lined my eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero which is a nice soft black. Quick mascara and brows, nothing exciting. The I took a Mai Couture Highlighter Sheet in  St. Barts and applied it on my cheeks. This is definitely more of a peachy blush on my rather then a highlight, but its very shimmery and pretty. I discover half a sheet folded in half is the amount you need. Also folding made it easier to apply. Then I finished off with Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in Hot Mess. It looks very red in the tube but is a much more subdued cranberry on me.

Things I liked: The colors went together very nicely! My favorites were the highlighter sheets, and the eyeshadow. I love UD's 24/7 liners too so that was nice. And the lipgloss is a pretty color.

Things I didn't like (as much!): The primer was sort of weird, it made the texture of my eyeshadow a bit less smooth than my normal primers. However it did last really well for a good twelve hours, so I can't fault it for that. The lipgloss is a bit sticky. Not enough to seriously bother me, but it doesn't last very long. About two hours on me without eating. If my lipgloss is sticky I need it to at least last well.

All and all I really enjoy these product and will used all of them. I'll probably try the primer on my face when it my acne settles down so I might do an edit or update for that later. I'd definitely check out MyGlam, its pretty cool. =) Do you have any new favorite products?

No comments:

Post a Comment