Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Review: Lime Crime Velvetine in Suedeberry

Hello lovely readers! Today I have a review Im pretty excited about, a Velvetine from Lime Crime. I've been wanting this since it came out last year, and I finally bit the (shipping) bullet and got one! It was hard to choose which one to get, but eventually decided on this one, Suedeberry. Interested? Keep going!





Let's start by just talking about this product, because it's pretty unique. It comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator like and applies like a gloss, but then once it dries it becomes a totally matte kiss proof lipstick. I've gotta say it lived up to its word! As you can see in the picture it goes on wet and workable, and then in about a minute it dries completely matte. Witchcraft! Probably not, but it seems pretty magical. I took this on several test drives, and it lasts pretty well. It lasted for three hours of drinking and talking with minimal wear, and it lasted through about four and a half hours of a party where I was dancing and talking a lot. As for being kiss proof, its almost completely prefect. While its still a bit wet (there is a tacky stage between wet and dry) some will transfer but once its wet you're set! That even rhymed!

Now let's discuss the color, because it's stunning! Its a near neon warm red, and almost radiates on me. It's a great summer color, and if you like warm orange leaning reds I'd definitely recommend this one. The other shade is called Red Velvet and is a deeper blue red, so if cooler or less bright is your scene skip this one and get its co-part.

It's packaging is crazy cute, with a frosted tube and adorable applicator. I'd expect nothing less from LC their packaging is always great. However something I'm not as crazy about is the price. These go for $16.99 USD which isn't..... terrible... I suppose.... but these are pretty small. At 3g a pop these has less product then a MAC Lipglass. I was a bit disappointed in that, but to be fair I think it makes up for it because you don't need lots per application, and you don't need to apply often.

You can buy it here at Lime Crime's website!

What do you guys think? Let me know,  I love read your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment