Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fairytale Series: The Big Bad Wolf

Who's afraid of the bug bad wolf? Today I have the next look in my fairytale makeup series! I didn't just want to do hero's, and frankly Little Red's makeup is sort normal: Pale, flushed cheeks, doe eyes. Sort of a less elaborate version of my Hansel and Gretel look. I actually really like how the eyes turned out this look, it made them super big and dramatic looking with out being too dark or harsh. But that aside, lets get started on the tutorial!


            

 So I started out with my face makeup. To make a even base to start off on a used a little bit of a full coverage foundation and buffed it all over my face. Then to make my skin a little darker (my body is darker then my body right now) I dusted a light brozer over the edges of my face. Then with a darker bronzer I contoured my cheeks, temples, and along the sides of my nose.

I first primed my eye area. Then with brow cream and a small angled brush I filled and shaped my brows normally. After that I started to to draw small strokes up and outward, I slowly brought them further up until they were where I wanted them. After that I added a second layer with a darker color, and then made small hair like strokes to make it more realistic looking.

Moving on the eyes I started by patting a light brown over my eyelids. Then with the same brown I started making a a elongated V deepening my crease. Then I blended a medium dark brown into the V and crease. With a dark red brown I smudged along my upper and lower lash lines for a smokey effect.  Then with a small brush I added an inner corner highlight to brighten up a bit. To blend out the colors a bit more naturally I used a medium nude pink on a fluffy brush of the V. And finally to finish it off I added some black gel liner to the outer half of my upper lash line and added a lot of mascara for fullness.

On my lips I used a neutral pinky brown shade to balance things out.

Products Used:
Face: Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation in Light 48, NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.

Eyebrows: Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC Redhead Brow Cream, Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Buck, Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Backdoor.

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Buck, Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Backdoor, Wet n Wild Comfort Palette Dark Red Brown, Wet n Wild Comfort Palette Light Shimmery Shade, Wet n Wild Comfort Palette Medium Pink Shade, MAC Blacktrack Fluidgel liner, Benefit They're Real! Mascara.

Lips: MAC Mocha Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment