Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fairytales: Hansel and Gretel Look

So darlings I'm starting a new series! I'm very excited because I haven't done one since Halloween and this one will be a bit longer. The theme is fairytales, and I've selected a few of my favorites! I don't want to draw on disney too much, but stick to classic motifs in the fairytales. So to start things off I did this sugary sweet look inspired by Hansel and Gretel.


 

So I started out with my face makeup. I used a medium coverage foundation, maybe half a shade lighter than my skin tone, and buffed it till it blended in completely. Then I patted a full coverage concealer under my eyes with my index finger, then on any blemishes. Then I took a nude highlighter and applied it to my cheekbones for a subtle youthful glow. Then on to blush, this look is very blush-y. I used three colors, first a warm pink dusted lightly in my general cheek area, and up to my temples a bit. Second I took a bright cool pink and focused it just under my cheekbones. Finally I took the slightest bit of a dark fuchsia and blended it in just below the apples of my cheeks, after that I took a clean kabuki brush and blended the three colors together a bit more. 

Moving on the the eyes, I started by applying eyeshadow primer all over my eye area (shocking I know!),  then I applied a pink cream eyeshadow to my lids only. Around my lids I applied a even layer of white base with an eyeshadow pencil, completely through the socket and on to the brow bone a bit. It'll look silly but this is the base to pretty things to come! Over top the pink cream base I patted a light peachy pink eyeshadow. Then I pack a bright pink eyeshadow on a flat brush and patted it over the white base, making sure to keep the shape rounded. Around the edges I added a little bit of dark pink, and then down blended with a skin tone color to soften the edges a bit.
Then I applied an even line of black gel eyeliner with an angled brush, no wing at all just along the natural lash line. I gave my lashes a quick coat of black mascara, and the applied some long fluttery false lashes for a doe eye effect.
For the candy I started by making circles of varying sizes with the same white base from before. Then I patted a matte white eyeshadow on top on them. I then took pink eyeshadow on a very small brush and made the swirl and candy pieces.
For lips I used a tinted lip balm in a soft pink and patted a little white in the center for a fuller look.

Products Used:
(In order of use)
Face: MUFE HD Foundation in 115, Tarte Maracuja Concealer in Light, MAC Cream Color Base in Hush, Tarina Tarantino Blush in Parasol, Be a Bombshell Blush in Sweet Cheeks, Milani Baked blush in Red Vino.

Eyes: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink, NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, Wet n Wild Light Pink in the Silent Treatment Trio, MAC Free to Be Eyeshadow, Two Cosmetics Trio in Heartache, Urban Decay Foxy, MAC Blacktrack Fluidliner, Maybelline Full n Soft, Jcat False Eyelashes in EL20.

Candy: NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow, MAC Free to Be Eyeshadow.

Lips: Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment