Friday, July 5, 2013

Monthly Favorites: June '13

Hey guys! Sorry I've been terrible at keeping up the last couple weeks, but to be fair my computer has been having problems. Today I have my favorites for the month of July, I don't think I did a favorites post last month so these have been constant favorites in the early summer.



1) Summer Boardwalk 3 wick Candle from B&BW. It smells AMAZING! It smells like you're walking past a carnival and you get a breeze that smells like carmel corn and candy apples. It has a great scent throw without being too intense, and it just smells so summery and fun! If you don't like sweet or 'foodie' smells, this isn't for you but if you do definitely go check it out.

2) Ole Henrikson Protect the Truth SPF 50 sunscreen. This is the best face sunscreen for oily skin that I've ever tried! It's lightweight and oil free, it doesn't have a white cast, and smells lightly of oranges. Sold yet? I definitely was! This is a little baby bottle that I got in Sephora's 2013 Sun Safety Kit.(Which is totally great! Tip: spilt it with a friend with an different skin type.) When I run out I will definitely repurchase, skin protection is worth a little splurge.

3) St. Tropez Only For One Night Instant Body Glow. This is my favorite instant self tanner. It gives fast even natural looking color with a hint of shimmer, and washes off with just water. I'm a big fan, especially because my legs are several shades lighter then the rest of my body right now. This helps them look a little more lively. Vgood!

4) MAC Honey Jasmine Blush. Okay so this was a limited edition blush that came out maybe a month ago in MAC's Temperature Rising collection. It's a stunning soft orange shade that looks fantastic on me. (not to be cocky or anything. ;D) I normally try not to show LE products, but I really love this. Also you can still find this online, so it's more okay.

5) Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. This is an amazing matte bronzer! I was really impressed by this product, and a little goes a long way on a pale girl like me. It gives a very natural finish, and is great for contouring as well as all over bronzing.

6) Maybelline Vivid Lipstick in Vibrant Mandarin. I reviewed this awhile ago, and at the time I thought it looked nice but wasn't totally sold. I let it sit lonely in my lip drawer for a month or so, but lately its been really growing on me! Go read the review for more information.

7) Jordana Lip Out Loud Super Shiny Lipgloss in E- 123. Its a very cheap drugstore lipgloss, with a really stupid name, granted. But these are actually really nice! they're non sticky and come in pretty shimmering finishes. This one is a sheer bright pink coral. Its sheer, but has a fair bit of color payoff and is great for quick summer makeup that doesn't look cakey or overdone.

And for non beauty favorites.... I'm gonna have to go with Diablo Cody's Biography: Candy Girl. It's well written, raunchy, and set in my hometown which is always a trip.

How's your summer going? Any new favorites, beauty or otherwise? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment