Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Review: Sun Bum Sunscreen Lotion

Hey there you guys! Today I have a review that I'm super excited about. I got in touch with the lovely people over at at Sun Bum, and they sent me this to show you guys. And I can hear you guys now "Really it's just a sunscreen, whats so special about this one?".  Lots darling readers, lots! Shall we see what all the fuss is about?


This sunscreen makes a lot of claims: Hypoallergenic, Oil/PABA Free, Won't Clog Pores, Photostable, Waterproof, and its also enriched with Vitamin E. As well as being Paraben and Cruelty Free, and to top it off it's approved by the Skin Cancer Foundation. This one is SPF 30 but they have a range of SPF 15-70. (all at the same price weirdly enough...)  Getting more interested? Excellent! Now that I've given you the the facts let's get on to the actual review.

Right off the bat I'm gonna tell you, I'm really enjoying this sunscreen. I tested it out while on vacation, (which is the best possible time to test products) where I was out in direct sunscreen for long periods of time. I followed the instructions and didn't get burned or any darker then I was before. The scent is a very classic coconut sunblock smell but it doesn't have a chemical or medicinal edge like many do. It comes out in a white lotion form. It really does feel more like a normal lotion then sunblock, and the white disappears as soon as you rub it in. Those are main deciding factors for me. There's nothing I hate more about sunscreen than when it's looks like you got hit with ectoplasm. Another good thing about this is the packaging is great. I love the logo, color choices, font, and wood pattern; more importantly though the plastic is sturdy with squeezy sides and a leak proof cap. This makes is perfect to throw in a beach bag, or purse.

You can I believe you can find this at Target, but for sure at Ulta or on their websiteRetails at $15.99 USD for 8 oz.

So what do you guys think? I love comments so be sure to let me know!

This post may contain product sent to me from a PR company, however all opinions are my own. I am not a professional makeup artist, I just do makeup as a hobby at this time. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment