Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fairytale Series: The Little Mermaid

Hey there! Don't think I forgot about my fairytale series! Today I have my next look which is based on the little mermaid. Again I didn't want this series to be Disney inspired, especially because Sephora just released their little mermaid collection. The last couple looks have been a little more wearable so this one I wanted to go a bit more over the top and crazy with this one.




After applying primer I put the white base in the shape that I want the eye make up, which is a bit of a cat eye. Then with a flat brush I patted a light blue eyeshadow on the majority of my eyelid. After that I put a teal color on the outside of my eyelid. Then with a dark blue I filled in the rest of the cat eye and along my socket. In my inner corners I used a seafoam green color to brighten it up. Then with black gel eyeliner I made a wing to match the eyeshadow. I also added so white to my inner rims, and applied mascara to my upper and lower lashes. Then I did my brows normally.

After that I started to work on my face makeup. I mixed a full coverage foundation with a tinted moisturizer to create a natural looking finish with quite a bit of coverage. Then I used a concealer to hide dark circles and any blemishes. Then using a taupe contour powder I contoured my face a bit, under the cheekbones, temples, jaw, nose the whole shabang- but pretty lightly. Then I put on a shimmering liquid highlighter, to add a sort of watery quality. Then I put on a bit of a neutral blush, just so my face wouldn't be too stark.

My forehead stuff is totally optional, I just wanted to do something fun and artsy. On a big fluffy blush I took the same light blue eyeshadow I used before, and lightly dusted it along my forehead and temples. I made a bit of a gradient, darker at the top light as you go down. Then with a pencil brush I started drawing little wavey lines that sort of mimic water. In some places I blended some white in, to add dimension. Then I drew on the little bubbles closer to my eyes and temples, and then added dots of white sling my forehead.

For my lips I mixed together some liquid lipsticks to create a bright pastel lavender. For some shine I added a lavender lip gloss in the center of my lips.

Products Used:
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, Lime Crime Parasol Eyeshadow (Chinadoll Palette), Sleek Teal Eyeshadow (Orignal Palette), Sleek Dark Blue Eyeshadow (Orignal Palette), Wet n Wild I Dream of Greenie (Brow Bone Shade), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow in Milk, Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof Mascara, MAC Redhead Brow Cream, NYX Red Brow Powder.

Face: Coola Tinted Moisturizer, Kat Von D Tattoo Lock It Foundation in 48, Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light, NYX Blush in Taupe, Hard Candy Blush in Pin Up, Sonia Kashuk Liquid Highlighter. 

Forehead: Lime Crime Parasol Eyeshadow, Sleek Teal Eyeshadow, Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow.

Lips: Sleek Pout Paint in Cloud Nine, OCC NSFW Lip Tar, Sleek Point Paint in Peek-a-Bloo, Darling Girl Apocalips Lipgloss in Jasmine Bone For Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment