Monday, August 5, 2013

Review: Coola Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tint

Hello again! Today I have another review I'm excited about, Coola Rose Essence Tint. Which is currently my absolute favorite tinted moisturizer. It has so much goodness packed into it that I'm just going to let them tell you whats in it:

Keep the sun and environment at bay with this SPF 20 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen, a tinted, light Rose scented, Titanium Dioxide based formula (for those who are Zinc sensitive) made with 98% natural ingredients. Organic Acai Oil - high in Omegas-3/6/9, Vitamins B1/2/3, plus antioxidant Vitamins C and E - delivers a powerful defense against aging. Organic Sunflower Seed Extract promotes elasticity while organic Linseed Oil, containing Alpha-Linolenic Acids, reduces redness and irritation. The phyto-protector Plankton Extract rejuvenates, as organic Cucumber Extract calms skin.
Hypoallergenic
Paraben Free
Ultra Sheer
Anti-Aging
Water Resistant (40 minutes)
No nano-sized particles


Awwww yeah! This is clearly good stuff, but how does it perform? Let's see.


The product is very light, and slightly liquidy. It seems to have a very strong yellow undertone at first, like "Will I look jaundiced?" style of undertone. But the product is very sheer and spread out the yellow undertone helps neutralize the redness in your face, as you can probably see in the photos above. The coverage is light but gives a wonderful natural looking finish that really looks like skin. If you build the product up for a second layer you can actually cover some blemishes in darkness and your skin. As you can see my dark circles aren't completely gone, but they are partially covered; it also really evened and brightened my skin tone. The product feels fantastic! It's very lightweight, and has a cooling feeling while going on. And while not as good as a full on moisturizer, it is very hydrating. It's ideal for anyone with dry skin, or fine lines. Also a little goes a long way, I only used about two pumps for my whole face. The packaging is very convenient, with a malleable plastic tube, and a pump for sanitary application. That being said (and this may just be my bottle) the pump is a bit difficult. You have to work at it a bit to get product out, and be careful that the profit doesn't splatter when it does come out. Another small flaw is it does have a tendency to transfer. I've noticed this with other hydrating foundations too. I think it might be that they never fully 'set' so that way your skin doesn't get dry. This is easy enough to fix, either lightly dust powder over your face after every application, or just make sure to wipe off your phone every time you make a call. ;D

All and all I really enjoy this product. I think it does a way better job at brightening and evening my skin than any bb cream I've tried. On their website they do refer to it as a 'cc' cream, but lets get really its a tinted moisturizer. 

This retails for $36.00 USD for 1.7 oz.

So what do you guys think? Let me know in the comments! :)


This post may contain product sent to me from a PR company, however all opinions are my own. I am not a professional makeup artist, I just do makeup as a hobby at this time. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment