Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fairytale Series: Evil Queen

Hey there, Miss. Slacker here! This may or may not be the last look in my fairytale series, but if is the last one at least I love the look! I tried to keep these from being too Disney inspired but a little might've slipped in this one, lol. Honestly I got more inspiration from Regina's makeup on Once Upon a Time. But that aside from that I wanted this makeup to be a bit contradictory: dark but still colorful, sudden but not stark, and only a little bit sinister. ;D Let's go see!



First I placed an eye shadow primer to my eyelids, face, and put on some lip balm. You want everything primed before you start. Then I applied a white cream base to my eyelids.  Then starting in the center and moving towards the outside I patted a matte red eyeshadow onto the lid. With a bright matte purple I did the same thing on the outer side of my eyelids.  I blended this shades together in the middle little bit but this doesn't have to be pretty this needs to just the right pigmented base for the rest the eyeshadow to go on top of. Over those two colors (leaving the outside of both clean) I patted a deep shimmering magenta with a blue shift. Then moving in from the right onto the white lid space that's left I put a little bit of a cranberry color. Then the fluffy brush and went in with a mauve eyeshadow as a transition color all around the area where my crease color will be. Then with the same matte purple as before I started to slowly deepen the crease, blending out the edges into a cat eye shape. Once the purple was blended I went with a matte black closer to my natural crease and pulled it through the socket. After that I took a skin toned color and a fluffy brush and cleaned up my brow bone. Careful not to blend too much away though, you don't want the mauve to disappear. Then with a black pencil liner I lined the entirety of my water line. I took a bit of the pencil liner on the outer corner of my lower lash line line and blended it out a little. Then with a little more of the purple I blended it up into the eyeshadow a little more. Then I took a black gel eyeliner I made a tapered line from thick to barely there across my lids. I didn't want to leave my inner corner highlight just plain white, so I patted a opalescent shimmer over it, which give a really 'glowy' effect. Then I did my brows and applied black mascara.

For my face I started out with a luxurious amount of full coverage foundation. Because evil queens don't mess around when it comes to coverage.  After that I concealed under my eyes and lightly dusted there and my t zone to  make sure everything set.  With a taupe contouring powder I went under my cheekbones, a more lightly on my temples, jaw and nose. Then with a deep fuchsia blush on a fan brush I lightly applied it on my cheek bones. The had shimmer in it, so I skipped highlighter. I didn't want this look to be very shimmery. 


For my lips I applied a blue toned red lip liner under a berry-purple lip stain balm.

Products Used:
(In Order of Application)
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil, Sugarpill Love +, Sugarpill Poison Plum, Fyrinnae Conjuror, Sleek Cosmetics Sunset Palette 'Cranberry Color', Two Cosmetics Heartache Duo (Pinky Mauve Side), Urban Decay Blackout Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Kinky Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Pencil Liner, MAC Black Track Fluidline, MAC Redhead Brow Cream, Fluidline, Benefit They're Real! Mascara.

Face: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation in Light 48, Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, Baremineral Original Mineral Veil, NYX Blush in Taupe, Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino.

Lips: Burt's Bees Original Lip Balm, MAC Cherry Lip Liner, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Crush. 


So what do you guys think? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment