Monday, August 19, 2013

August 13 Ipsy Glam Bag

Hello there! Today I'm gonna review the August 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag. I haven't done these reviews in a while, even though I've continued to get the service. But this month was so much fun that I wanted to give them a shout out! Lets go and see!



In this months bag I got a Michael Todd true organics jojoba and charcoal facial scrub (deluxe), an Urban Decay mini revolution lipstick in anarchy, a Pixi beauty lash booster mascara (deluxe size), a Mica beauty cosmetics bronze loose eyeshadow (full size), and a Nailtini nail polish in Mai Tai (full size). Ermahgerd. 
I did this quick look with the makeup items in this bag! :3

Let's start out with the Michael Todd True organics. I'm a big fan of charcoal scrubs in general and was really excited to try a Michael Todd product. I've heard nothing but good things, and this one is no exception. I love the lush dark angels charcoal scrub but this one is different in many ways. It comes out in a dark smooth paste with small particles for scrubbing. I think this product would be perfect for sensitive skin because it's a scrub, but it's not very abrasive. After using this product my face felt really smooth and moisturized but not oily at all. Also it smells fantastic! I always love the smell of charcoal scrubs they have a very earthy pretty sent.


Next up the urban decay revolution lipstick. Can we start by talking about how adorable the packaging is? It's so tiny! But not in a bad way. For a deluxe sample it contains quite a bit of lipstick and I think will last me a while. Also the shade, anarchy, is gorgeous. It's a hot pink that's super super bright, I'm in love! The formula is fantastic. It's creamy goes on smoothly and lasts very well.

Alrighty so on to the pixi lash booster mascara. This is the only product I wasn't wowed by in this bag. It's very natural looking mascara, that doesn't clump on the lashes which is nice. Also because this is a deluxe size the brush is really small so it's good for getting bottom lashes. A very comparable, but much cheaper mascara is the Maybelline Full n Soft mascara. It's one of my go to mascaras I'm tired because there's absolutely no way you can mess it up. It also leaves your lashes soft so you can always apply more later today if they need a little bit of a perk up. However the Full n Soft mascara doesn't smudge nearly as much as this (maybe because I use waterproof) so overall Pixi fell a little flat for me. 

On to the Mica beauty cosmetics loose eyeshadow in Bronze. This color I reminded me a lot of Mac woodwinked eyeshadow. When I compare them I noticed some differences. MAC woodwinked is darker bronze with strong gold shift.  Mica Bronze a lighter more coppery bronze with more red undertones. Also the Mica is more of a straight up metallic, where as the MAC is almost a duochrome. I really really like how metallic it is, even dry. (In fact it's actually better dry)

Lastly Nailtini Polish in Mai Tai. Ohhh I really like this nail polish! It's reddish true coral cream, with a fantastic formula! It was almost a one coater, but I added a second just in case. Excellent shade, and great for the summer-fall transition. (Not the color on my nails in the picture!)

And the bag this month was adorbs! It's a warm purple with a cute gold school crest pattern.

Ipsy is a subscription service that is $10 a month you can sign up here: 

So what did you guys think? Any of you already subscribers? Let me know in the comments below!







No comments:

Post a Comment