Sunday, September 1, 2013

August '13/ Summer Favorites

Hey guys! I totally spaced doing my July favorites, so this post isn't just my August favorites but the reigning champions from the whole summer. Amusingly this is exactly what happened last year. So lets go!

And this was scaled back...


This is a huge favorites post, so I've divided it in to sections. Starting with.....

Makeup Favorites



So first off I have Coola Tinted Moisturizer which I reviewed here already. Still in love! Its basically replaced all my other TMs and BB creams.

Sonia Kashuk Sheer Shimmering Highlighter. So I got this back in June, as a total impulse purchase at Target. Oh my goodness, I've never been so pleased with a product I didn't research. This has made it into my everyday makeup routine. It just gives the healthiest glow, but I did a whole post on it already so I'll stop gushing.

MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow. This has always been one of my favorite MAC shades (if not my very favorite) but I've used it soooo much recently. I used it is several posts, but I can easily say I've worn this at least one day every week this summer. Its the prettiest bronze/gold shade. The formula is one of my favorites across my collection too: buttery, blendable, and fantastic pigmentation! Luurrrrve.

Another MAC, this is Honey Jasmine Powder blusher from their All About Orange collection. This is another product that I just wore the hell out of this summer, I will likely wear this a lot this fall as well. I adore very warm orange toned blushes on gingers, and this is the perfect blush for that look.

I was super excited to get my hands on one of Lime Crime's Velvetines! I review this one already here but if you haven't read that or heard of them, its a matte lipgloss that goes on and then stays put! Through.... quite a lot actually! This one is is a stunning warm red.

NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler. This smooth creamy red orange gloss lived in my purse for most of the summer. I like having a back up lip color with me that I know for sure that love. This has enough color to pop, with out a lot of fuss. Win win!

Finally Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti. Another product that warranted its own post. This orangey lip butter was a summer staple for me this year. I rocked this more times then I count. The lip butters are a product that I always come back to.

Bronzing



There are also some honorable mentions for this post, Jergen's Natural glow, and NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny. But I wanted to have products that I recently discovered.

So first off I have Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer.  The color pay off is great well still looking natural. I got this in the Sephora Sun Safety Favorites and was thrilled! This matte medium/dark bronzer too dark for all over bronzing on me (I leave that one to NYC's) however it's fantastic for contouring! Great product.

St. Topez One Night Only Instant Body glow. This body bronzer is the best perk up for pale skin for special occasions or just when ever you want to rock a short skirt! It's damn near impossible to mess up, and even if you manage to, it just washes off with water. ;D

Sun Protection


For my face I've used Ole Henriksen's Protect the Truth SPF 50 sunscreen for most of the summer. I really love it because its oil free and doesn't break me out. I have a problem with sunscreens and primers giving me crazy break outs but this one works great.

For my body Sun Bum has me covered! I've been using this a lot, especially when I'm outside all day. I reviewed this one already here so I won't say too much more, but this is definitely worth the couple extra bucks!

Bath and Body



First we have Bath and Body Works Forever Sunshine Shower Gel. This has been by far my favorite shower gel this summer. It's a light bath and body works says that it's a "juicy tangerine, pink peonies, creamy sandalwood, and a touch of sweet praline." I'd say thats a pretty good description, however as with a lot of b&bw scents the notes aren't easy to pick up by themselves. But it's a light sweet warm floral. Mmmm...

Nest up was my favorite perfume this summer Victoria Secret Angel Gold. This perfume came as a surprise me, but a happy one. Its a lovely light citrusy floral thats perfect for summer. It has notes of bergamot, gardenia, peony, and light musk. Rounded out with a bunch citrus notes. It's a young scent, but classy. I've been living in this all summer.

Misc.



Sunglasses! They don't need to be expensive. Just cute and UV protective! I got these at target for like twelve bucks. 'Nuff said.

Summer Boardwalk candle from Bath and Body Works. Oh my goodness! I have a huge weakness for food scent candles, and this one is amazing! It smells like candy apples, and carmel corn. It's like the world's cleanest carnival, all the yumminess none of the sweat and trash. I've got about a third left, I'll keep burning it till I have some fall candles and then save the rest for next year.

Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist. This stuff feels like magic on a hot day. Especially if you put it in the fridge for a little while before hand. I can't really tell you how hydrating this is, because I don't have dry skin. But for a quick cool down, this stuff is the best! It's also great to make your makeup look less 'powdery'.

I've had a fantastic (if fleeting) summer, and I'm sooo excited for this fall! What about you guys, anything interesting happen, new product? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment