Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dreamy Lilac Look

Hey guys! Sorry I've been a little MIA, I was out of town. It also occurs to me that I haven't done a full look in forever! So today I'm doing a look based on one of my favorite spring flowers, lilacs.




So I started with by eyes for this (which I highly recommend with dark colors or purples) and used an eyeshadow primer all over my eyelid. Then I took a pink cream shadow and patted it over my lid as a base. Over the pink I pressed a light lavender color, I find that this makes the purple pop more.

In my outer corner I used bright medium purple to bring the color out from the lid, and also to give it a bit more of a pointed shape. I thought the contrast was a little stark, so I blended a mauve-y rose color along the outer edge.

For liner I didn't want something as bold as black gel. So I used dark gray shadow to line just the outer corners of my lids, and then applied mascara to finish it off.

Afte that I got started on my face. I used a medium coverage foundation, with a concealer that has a bit moe coverage. Then I used a bit of a contour color on my cheeks, and added a hint of pink blush to wam my face up a little.

For lips I started by concealing a little around the mouth, because I tend to get redness there. After that I put on a pinky mauve, and topped it off with a neutral shimmery gloss.

Products Used:
Face: MUFE HD Foundation in 115 Ivory, Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light, Hard Candy in Pin Up, Be a Bombshell blush in Sweet Cheeks.

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink, Wet n Wild purple from Silent Treatment Palette, Sugarpill Poison Plum Eyeshadow, Two Cosmetics Eyeshadow Duo in Heartache (rose/mauve side), Urban Decay Foxy, Urban Decay Asphalt Eyeshadow, Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof Black Mascara.

Lips: L'oreal Colour Riche Balm in Tender mauve, MAC Lipglass in Underdressed.

I hope you guys like this look! Leave a comment below or tweet me @spicedropblog !

No comments:

Post a Comment