Monday, October 15, 2012

Marina and the Diamonds Electra Heart Look


So I feel in love with the makeup that Marina has on the cover of her most recent album, Electra Heart. For those who haven't heard of her Marina is a British pop singer (the Diamonds refers to her fans not her band) who I'm mildly obsessed with. So I put together this look, I think I did a pretty good job; however something to remember is that we have very different face, eye, and lip shapes so its bound to differ a little. 


After applying liquid foundation even;y all over with a buffing bush I took my normal primer and went all over my eyes and brows. Then taking a small liner brush I marked where to end the crease on both sides of my eye. (It should be right where you lid starts to get narrower) Using a dark brown color I carefully filled in the crease, it should be fairly thick but make sure not to blend too far down. After that I used a q-tip with makeup remover to keep the edges sharp and went around the edges with a nude color to keep the crease uniform. For the lid I took a peachy color and put it in the center, and then I blended white in the corners to make the crease stand out more. 

I lined my lids with wet black eyeshadow and a angled brush, I made a little wing angling downward. Then with a smudge brush I took the same dark brown from before and took it about 3/4th's the way out making sure to taper the end. After that I applied black mascara, I'm almost certain she's wearing falseies in that picture but I don't have any that would suit this. To finish the eyes off I drew the little heart with a red lipliner pencil.

Remember how I mentioned that Marina and I have different face shapes? By that I meant we look absolutely nothing alike. So to help remedy this I contoured my face to look a little more like her. I went under my cheekbones because she always has quite a bit of cheek going on and then went along my jawline to make my face a little more heart shaped. I also added some highlighter to make the contour stand out more.

On to lips! Like the face her lips are also shaped differently then my own. Her lips are fuller and her cupids bow is much softer. So with a red lip pencil I rounded out my lip shape. With a lip brush I filled im my lips with red and then blotted the excess. With a dark lipgloss I darkened the center of my lips just like the cover.

Products Used:
(In order of Application)
Eyes: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Backdoor, Urban Decay Kinky, Urban Decay Freestyle, Sugarpill Tako,  Urban Decay Blackout, Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof Mascara in Black, Mac Cherry Lipliner.

Face: Rimmel Lashing Finish Foundation in Ivory, Hard Candy Pin Up Baked Blush, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Luminizer.

Lips: Mac Cherry Lipliner, OCC Lip Tar in NSFW, Illamsqua Intense Lipgloss in Hermetic.

If you like the look please comment! Also if you're a fan of Florence and the Machine or Natalia Kills definitely check out Marina and the Diamonds.





No comments:

Post a Comment