Monday, April 15, 2013

MyGlam April '13 Bag Review!

Hey there lovelies! Today I have a review of this month's Glam Bag. In case you don't know what A Glam Bag is, MyGlam is a beauty subscription service run through Ipsy Michelle Phan's online beauty community. Its ten dollars per month, and beginning of every month you get sent a small bag of deluxe samples and/or full sized products. So lets see what we got this month!


This month has a pretty broad range of products that go along with the theme 'Pretty in Pink'. First is a nail polish by Sation called Love at First Byte, then a Big Sexy Hair Powder Play volumizing and texturizing powder, a Two Cosmetics Eyeshadow Duo in Heartache, and a blush from Be a Bombshell in the color Sweet Cheeks.

Lets talk about the nail polish! I got Love a First Byte, a peachy pink neutral. I'm happy to report that its not as sheer as I feared it to be, you can get it pretty opaque in two coats! Nothing too exciting but a fine polish. This retails for $5 USD.

Next up is the Power Play hair powder. I was honestly the most excited for this product. To use you sprinkle on dry hair a tousle for volume. I used this on second day hair that I'd sleept with french braided. It gave the curls really nice texture for a beachy-casual sort of look. The full size of this retails for around $15 USD.

At first I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get the other eyeshadow option, but after using the eyeshadow duo I was consoled. This duo in the shade Heartache comes with a shimmery baby pink, and a matte mauvey-rose color. They're very soft and the pigmentation of the light pink is very good. The mauve rose color isn't quite as pigmented but can be built up nicely. The packaging of this reminded me a lot of MAC's, though even though they look quite similar the MAC is heavier and more expensive feeling.  These retail for $7.50 USD.
LR: Two Heartbreak vs. MAC Free to Be

Finally our Sweet Cheeks blush from Be a Bombshell, this was the winner of this bag IMO! Which I found a bit surprising since the last Be a Bombshell product I tried ( Hot Mess Lipgloss from Dec's Bag) left quite a bit to be desired. Its a super pigmented bright pink blush, in the pan and swatched it seems very frosty but fortunately the shimmer doesn't translate on your face. The packaging pretty flimsy but the blush it self is fantastic! This retails for $16 USD.

Worth the ten bucks? I'd say yes. ;D What did you guys think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment