Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Series: Vampire


Hey there! I'm back today with another Halloween look for you guys, and this one is an old standby. Sort of a straight up vampire look that would suit a lot of different vampire costumes. Now I'm well aware that there are looks of different kinds of vampires. This look is a take on the aristocratic/gothic sexy vampire, that's been popularized from Stoker to Rice over the years. I'm a little surprised I haven't done one yet! A little note about the eye makeup: I'm using a lot of red in this look, which I think compliments the overall aesthetic.  It's Halloween, and I thoroughly encourage stepping out of you comfort zone! That being said, I know a lot of people shy about from red on the eyes. I can understand this, and think that you could sub some warm plum tones instead if you really want to.





So for this look I started with the eyes, which is crucial for when you're blending dark colors. I started out with a eyeshadow primer all over the eye and brow bone. Then I took a matte true red on a flat brush and really pack it on the lid, you want it a bright as possible. With the same color on a fluffy brush, you want to softly blend around the eye socket. this will make a really pretty transition for the black. In the outer corner of my eye I took a little bit of a burgundy shade a packed that on, for even more of a transition.

Then with a tapered crease brush I took a matte black eye shadow I started to blend upwards and out into a dramatic V. Then back down again into the socket. Then I went around the socket again with the red on the fluffy brush. Then back with the black, you want to keep this up until the blending and intensity is where you want it. With a smaller brush a took the black eye shadow under my eye a bit and blended it in. Then I blended out the edge with a matte white on a fluffy brush. I also took a bit of the white and put it in my inner corner.

Moving right along, I lined my upper and lower waterline with a black pencil liner. Then with a black gel liner on an angled brush I made a medium thick line across my eye, it went out a little the the end but it's not super winged out. You don't want too much just enough of a line to blend in the lashes. If you aren't wearing falsies, you might want more liner. Then I added a light coat of waterproof mascara on my top and bottom lashes. Then I added a pair a very defined lashes that taper out into the corner. Just use what you have, or what ever will compliment your costume.

Moving on to the face! I started by wiping away the fallout with a makeup wipe, this is super important. After that you can start on the foundation. If you're fair to medium skinned you can use a white face paint if you like. (I don't know if I'd recommend it for darker skin tones.) For me I'm fair enough (P.s the lightening always makes me about 2 shades paler) that I didn't think it was necessary. So I applied a foundation normally, and applied concealer under my eyes and over any blemishes. (Vampires don't get acne. XD) And then I used the same matte white from before on a bigger brush and used that as a highlight. I blended that into the high planes of my face, which add dimension as well as lightening my face up a bit more. I used a taupe shade to contour a little, I probably should have used more. Finally I topped it off with the teensiest amount of a red blusher. You have just feasted after all!

Alright for the lips I applied a medium blue toned red lipstick. Then comes the best part: the fake blood! So with a blood paste I sort of dabbed it around my mouth messily, there is really no rhyme or reason for blood application. Then I mixed some of my blood paste with water to make it runny, this is unnecessary if you're using blood gel or squirt blood. Then I put it to the corner of my mouth and just let it drip down.

Products Used:
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Sugarpill Love+ Eyes Shadow, Sleek Burgundy (Sunset Palette), Urban Decay Blackout Eye Shadow, Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow, Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Pencil in Perversion, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, Maybelline Full n' Soft Mascara, Red Cherry Lashes in #68.

Face: Rimmel Long Lasting Foundation in 100 Ivory, Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light, Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow, Nyx Taupe Blush, Milani Red Vino Blush.

Lips: Nyx Snow White Lipstick.

Blood: Graftobian Blood Paste.

Hope you all liked my vampire look! What are you going as for this Halloween? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment