Monday, May 20, 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette + 2 Looks!

So today I popped down to CVS and got something I've been wanting for quite awhile, Wet n Wild's 8 pan Comfort Zone Palette. I'm a huge fan of Wet n Wild's eyeshadows and this is no exception! At $4.99 USD this is such a steal, and is really well rounded. Let's take a look, shall we?






 

On the left half of the palette are four neutrals. The first shade is a warm white gold with a slightly frosty finish (Not in a bad way!). Next we have a medium peachy pink with a gold sheen, this one has almost metallic finish. The third shade or the 'crease' color is a medium warm brown with a bit of a bronze sheen, also satin. And finally a dark red brown with fine burgundy glitter. All of these are very soft and easy to work with; the second shade is my favorite it's very smooth and pigmented.


The other half has some nice shimmery shades, and a pretty pretty duochrome. The first shade is a metallic silver taupe, not nearly as green as it looks here. The eyelid shade is very green though! Its a bright olive with golden shimmer, another satin. The next shade is a blackened green with multi-colored  fine glitter. Finally possibly the most interesting shade in the palette, a beautiful red-purple/ turquoise duochrome. I'm not very good with duochromes, they never seem to look right on me... but this one is stunning! 

Now I did two looks with this palette, pretty much as directed. The only things I changed were I used the top left shade in my inner corners for both looks. Also I mixed the some in with the top right shade for my brow bone for the second look, the taupe is just too dark to look good a highlight on me. (Still pretty though!) 

So what do you think, five bucks worth of fun? I'll say. I already knew how great WnW's eyeshadows were, and I was still impressed! 5/5 for this one!
 What do you guys think?

2 comments: