Friday, December 21, 2012

Winter Solstice Part 1

Happy end of the world! Lol not really, but it is the winter solstice which is one of the coolest times of the year. For those of you who don't know, the winter solstice is the longest night of the year, and every day after gets a little lighter. So I did two looks a dark one for today, and a light one for tomorrow.




I started out out with eyeshadow primer all over my eye. After that I applied a white cream base to the outer corners of my eyes, and a creamy black base to the rest of my lid with a brush. This will make the look pop more. Then I took a matte black eyeshadow and patted over where I put my base, make sure its very black. Next I took a pale blue eyeshadow on a different brush and placed it on top of the white, blending out the edge so it transitions well. Then I took sparkle powder and patted it on top of the blue for extra shimmer prettiness. After that I lined my lid and waterline, and smudged some eyeliner under my eyes in the corner.  Then I lined my lower waterline with white. To finish it off I buffed a nude eyeshadow on my brow bone, applied mascara, and lightly filled in my brows.

I applied foundation after that, because dark colors and glitter can have fallout. I went with a full coverage foundation, and concealed under my eyes. I applied a very light contour blush but I wanted to keep the face pretty neutral. Likewise with my lips, I used the lightest lipstick I own.

And that completes my winter solstice look, come back tomorrow to see part two!

Products Used:
Eyes: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Nyx Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Milk, Nyx Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Black Bean, Urban Decay Blackout Eyeshadow, Lime Crime Parasol Eyeshadow (Chinadoll Palette), Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Powder in Pure Opal, Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Eyeliner, Urban Decay Foxy Eyeshadow, Maybelline Full n' Soft Mascara, Nyx Red Brow Powder.

Face: Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 48, Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Light, Hard Candy Baked Blush in Pin Up.

Lips: Nyx Stella Lipstick.

Happy Solstice! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment