Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Smokey Amethyst Look



Todays look was inspired by one of my favorite semi precious stones, amethyst. Sorry the pictures are a bit grayed out it was super cloudy! But I really like the way the eye turned out so I decided to do a tutorial on it anyway.

So I started out with a primer as always and made sure to cover all of my eye. Then I took a purple/gold/champagne duo chrome shade and applied it all over my lid (its showing up champagne here,  but you could use a light gold, or light purple color, whatever you have!) Then I took a dark purple color and blended it in to my crease being careful not to bring it in to the lid. After that I took a brighter medium purple color and blended that on to the outer edge of where I put the dark purple. Then I just cleaned up around the edge with a nude color along the edges and my brow bone. Then I blended a little of that brighter purple color along my lower lash line, I brought this about 3/4 the way across the bottom. The I took a bit of the dark purple and blended that into the corner of the lower lash line color. I lined my lid with a matte black shadow smudging it out a little, I then applied mascara and some fluttery falsies that taper out. To top in off I lined my lower waterline with a light champagne color.

I really didn't do a whole lot else, I already had some powder on and then I applied a neutral lipgloss and called it good. XD

Products Used:
In order of application
Eyes: Urban Decay Shadow Insurance, Sleek Purple/ Gold Color (Orignal Palette), Urban Decay Rockstar Eyeshadow, Sleek Purple (Orignal Palette), Urban Decay Blackout Eyeshadow, Maybelline Full n Soft Water Proof Mascara, Ardell 117 Black Lashes, Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow in Pixie.

Face: theBalm Sexy Mama Pressed Powder.

Lips: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss Sponge Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment