Monday, September 17, 2012

Goin' Gold Childhood Cancer Awareness



September is national Childhood Cancer Awareness month. This obviously an important cause, however it doesn't get nearly the amount of attention it needs to raise support. Enter in the Goin' Gold Campaign, their goal is to raise awareness and support the afflicted children and their families. The gold ribbon should be just as easily recognizable as the pink, so today I've put together a tutorial in support.



I started out with a primer all over my lids and brows. Then I took a bright yellow-gold eyeshadow all over my lid up to my crease. Using a darker bronzy gold color I deepened the outer corner and crease. After that I took a the first bright yellow color and brought it along with a smudge brush. I stopped at my inner corner and added a much lighter white gold color. I just lined my eyes with black eyeshadow and applied a light coat of mascara, just enough to get them all black. Then I added fluttery lashes. After the lashes dried I added sparkly gold eyeliner on my lids.

I dotted fondation on my face and then buffed it out with a flat topped brush, then I applied a gold toned bronzer under my cheek bones and lightly around my face. Then I applied a liberal amounts of highlighter and shimmery golden blush.

To make my ribbon I first took a gold shadow pencil and mapped out the shape. Then I applied shimmery gold on top of the cream base. To make it stand out a little better I used a dark neutral color around the edges and put some concealer in the center.

For my lips I applied a lighter pink lipstick on to my prepped lips, and then patted a little gold powder in the center.

Thanks for reading and please pass along awareness to the people you know!

Products Used:
(In Order of Use)
Eyes: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Lime Crime Goldfish Eyeshadow, MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow, Lime Crime Lotus Noir Eyeshadow, Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof Mascara, Ardell 117 Black False Eyelashes, Nyx Liquid Crystal Liner in Crystal Gold.

Face: Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in Ivory, Benefit Ten Bronzer, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Luminier, E.L.F Giddy Gold Studio Blush.

Ribbon: Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Pure Gold, Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Goldilux, MAC Omega Eyeshadow, Hard Candy Glamoflage Light Concealer.

Lips: Nyx Round Lipstick in Stella, Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Goldilux.



No comments:

Post a Comment