Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Review

This little darling went on my wish list as soon as I saw it! I've been having trouble finding a BB cream that suits my skin type, and unfortunately the BB cream I fell in love with, Skin79 Diamond the Prestige BB, really really broke me out. I'm talking crazy, this can't possibly just be hormones type breakout. So imagine my happiness when I stumbled across a BB designed for acne prone skin, at a good price no less.


(Left Before, Right After)

This BB cream supposedly helps control acne and control oil with tea tree oil, and oil absorbent powders. I'm always skeptical about claims like this. Not that I don't believe in natural ingredients working, I definitely do, but unless its an all natural company I feel like they're just tacking it on just to say they have it. 
That being said, I really like the finish of this BB. Its matte were the majority of the BB creams I've tried have had very 'dewy' textures. Its a pretty good match color wise for my skin, a little lighter but in a brighting sort of way. It evens out my skin tone nicely and goes under the eyes well too, thats great on day when I don't have much time to get ready. I also don't feel the need to powder my t-zone, and it has SPF 30 so it really is a time saver. But I feel like this like many blemish balms makes you a little one toned and pasty so I think blusher and or bronzing powder is needed to complete my look.

As for helping reduce acne? Its too soon to tell, however its not causing breakouts, and it conceals them well so I'm happy with that. If you want to see pictures of the actual product I did a haul with it here.

I got the Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB from prettyandcute.com at $12.99 for 30ml


No comments:

Post a Comment