Friday, August 24, 2012

Review: Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

After getting a sample of this foundation, my interest was sparked. The sample was in the wrong color though, so I went to Sephora to get matched. Also, not feeling my best today. I've got a cold so you guys should be very impressed by the end result. The SA put the color Light 48 on me it looks like this...


This is just the foundation, I took off my lipstick for this picture. Ugh my lips get so pale when I'm sick, its weird. Anyway, this is a pretty good match. In fact it matches my chest perfectly, that SA knew her stuff! I really like the finish of this foundation it has pretty full coverage, but its not heavy or cakey. Its has a matte airbrushed feel to it. Its definitely not a 'natural' finish, its a 'thats not real, but damn girl you lookin good finish' lol. Which is nice, I would wear this everyday but it looks really nice.

It comes in 13 different shades, which boast several different undertones; they have pink, beige, warm beige, pink beige, and yellow undertones. I'm hoping they'll add a couple more at both of the ends of their spectrum. They could add a couple more pale and deep colors in my opinion.


So in this one I put on the rest of my makeup, blush, eye makeup, lipstick, to make sure the foundation doesn't look weird with powders. But I didn't put on any powder or concealer, the base is just Lock-It.
You can see the scar on my forehead a little in this light, but besides that everything is well covered. This was applied around ten thirty, by about six o'clock I notice that my nose was pretty shiny. But the rest of the foundation stayed perfectly without me having to set it with powder. Although Light 48 is a great match right now, I don't think I'll get this color. Especially because its perfectly matched to my chest, which is tanner then my true skin tone right now. I think if I decide to buy a bottle I'll get Light 44 the lighter warm shade, that'll match me longer.

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation is sold exclusively at Sephora and is $34.00

No comments:

Post a Comment